New from Taigen Tanks are our new steel CNC machined ball bearing gearboxes! These gearboxes are a big improvement over previous gearboxes with the addition of ball bearings for each reduction shaft and the final drive shafts. Shims have also been added which reduces lateral play in the gears to almost 0!
Taigen Gearbox Information
High/Low or Mid/Low - Refers to the motor mounting positions on the gearboxes. Some tanks have the motors mounted in different configurations for height restrictions for one example.
3:1 and 4:1 - Refers to the amount of reduction gears to the final drive shaft. The actual ratio for the 3:1 gearboxes are 39:1 while the actual ratio of the 4:1 gearboxes are 90:1. The 3:1 gearboxes are faster but have less torque while the 4:1 gearboxes are much slower and offer much more torque. The 4:1 gearboxes are recommended for metal models if possible.
45mm, 48mm, and 58mm - Refers to the final output shaft length of the gearbox. The two common shaft sizes are 48mm and 58mm with the 45mm version being for the Sherman tank only.
380 and 390 Motors - The stock motor for the Taigen V2 gearboxes is a 380 sized motor (28x37mm) @ 18k RPM while the 390 motor (28x47mm) @ 25k will produce not only more speed but torque as well.
High/Low, 3:1, 45mm Gearboxes (Sherman Only)
- Fits: Sherman M4A3 75mm & 76mm Only
High/Low, 3:1, 48mm Gearboxes
- Fits: Tiger 1 (Plastic Editions) & Panther A Tanks
High/Low, 3:1, 58mm Gearboxes
- Fits: M41 Bulldog & M26 Pershing
Middle/Low, 3:1, 48mm Gearboxes
- Fits:Tiger 1 (Plastic), Panther A, Panzer III, Panzer IV, KV-1, Sturmgeschutz III, Sturmtiger, & KV-2
Middle/Low, 3:1, 58mm Gearboxes
- Fits: Panther G (Plastic) & Jagdpanther
High/Low, 4:1, 48mm Gearboxes
- Fits: Tiger 1 (Metal) & Panther A
High/Low, 4:1, 58mm Gearboxes
- Fits: M41 Bulldog, M26 Pershing, Panther G (Metal), Panther F, King Tiger, Jagdtiger, JS-2, & Leopard 2A6